- About Us
- Professional Development
- The Corporate Edge
- BlackJag Lifestyle
- BlackJag’s Den
- Industry News
- Career Advice
- Wharnsby: Family will be big factor in Alfredsson’s future
Daniel Alfredsson and his Senators dropped Game 5 to the Penguins, but was this Alfie’s final game? CBCSports.ca’s Tim Wharnsby writes that family will weigh heavily in his decision.
- Stanley Cup Stories: Season ends for resilient Sens
James Neal’s hat trick helped the Pittsburgh Penguins end an impressive but improbable run for the Ottawa Senators in the top NHL playoffs stories from Friday.
- Major League Baseball Power Rankings
Canadian Joey Votto, fresh off his NL player of the week honours, has been a key contributor to the Cincinnati Reds’ success this season. His .358 batting average has helped his squad catapult up to fourth in this week’s CBCSports.ca MLB Power Rankings.
- Did You See That? Brenden Morrow’s controversial goal
The Penguins will take it, but the Ottawa Senators were up in arms after a controversial goal by Brenden Morrow opened the scoring on Friday night.
- Penguins eliminate Senators in 5 games
The Pittsburgh Penguins are off to the Eastern Conference final after a 6-2 victory on Friday over the Ottawa Senators. Pittsburgh won the conference semifinal series 4-1.
- German soccer strength on display in Champions League final
German soccer is no longer under the radar. It’s about to be showcased in all its glory in Saturday’s Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, writes Nigel Reed.
- Orioles beat up on Blue Jays pitching, Lawrie ejected
The Baltimore Orioles jumped out to a big early lead and held on for a 10-6 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Friday at the Rogers Centre.
- Don Cherry: Media should give players time to cool off
On Coach’s Corner Friday night, Don Cherry says Daniel Alfredsson’s comments about not being able to come back against the Penguins happened because reporters came into the room too soon.
- Winterhawks down Knights in Memorial Cup semifinal
Ty Rattie scored the winner in the third period and Mac Carruth made 34 saves as the Portland Winterhawks defeated the London Knights 2-1 in the semifinal of the MasterCard Memorial Cup.
- Pacers take Game 2, even series with Heat
Roy Hibbert scored 29 points, David West knocked away two passes by LeBron James for huge turnovers in the final minute, and the Indiana Pacers evened the Eastern Conference finals with a 97-93 victory over the Miami Heat in Game 2.
- Coyotes sign GM Don Maloney to contract extension
Phoenix Coyotes general manager Don Maloney signed a long-term contract extension Friday with the NHL-owned team. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.
- Canada’s Graham DeLaet 2nd after 2 rounds at Colonial
Second-round play at the Colonial was delayed and then suspended because of storms Friday, but Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., finished his round and is second on the leaderboard.
- Rangers know there’s ‘no turning back’
To Henrik Lundqvist, packing a suitcase for another trip to Boston is a lot less time-consuming than packing it in, and the New York Rangers are adopting a ‘no turning back’ attitude heading forward.
- What’s in store for Patrick Roy, NHL coach?
In recent years, former NHL players such as Kevin Dineen, John MacLean and Randy Cunneyworth have had mixed results in their first seasons running an NHL bench. How will newly hired Patrick Roy fare in Colorado next season?
- Senators players react to 2nd-round loss to Penguins
The Ottawa Senators surprised a lot of people with a first-round victory over the Canadiens. The second round proved to be more of a challenge than the #peskysens could handle. Here’s how the players themselves reacted to be eliminated by the Penguins.