- About Us
- Professional Development
- The Corporate Edge
- BlackJag Lifestyle
- BlackJag’s Den
- Industry News
- Career Advice
- Harper Government Strengthens Drug Safety with New Standards – Good Manufacturing Practices now apply to all active pharmaceutical ingredients
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, today announced that Canada’s Food and Drug Regulations have been amended to extend the requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to active ingredients (AI) used in pharmaceutical drugs. These amendments will come into force in the fall […]
- Minister of Health Congratulates the Winners of the 2013 National Award of Excellence in Nursing
Today, the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, acknowledged three exceptional nurses for their dedication, initiative and high standard of excellence in service to First Nations and Inuit communities.
- Health Canada Reinforces the Importance of Food Allergy Awareness
Health Canada is reminding Canadians of the importance of allergy awareness. For those individuals with food allergies, severe allergic reactions can occur quickly and without warning. In fact, some can be life-threatening for people of all ages, particularly children.
- High Risk of Botulism from Ungutted Salted Fish Products such as Fesikh
Health Canada is reminding Canadians that the consumption of certain whole salted fish products like fesikh, a traditional dish in the Egyptian community, represents an increased risk of botulism.
- Interim Regulatory Oversight of Admixing and Compounding
Health Canada today provided direction to organizations involved in the compounding and admixing of medications that will allow them to continue providing these services while Health Canada and the provinces and territories work together to determine the proper long-term oversight of these […]
- Food Safety Measures For Fiddleheads
Health Canada is reminding Canadians of the importance of properly cooking fresh fiddleheads before eating them.
- Government of Canada Releases Second Set of Biomonitoring Data from the Canadian Health Measures Survey
Today, Health Canada released its Second Report on Human Biomonitoring of Environmental Chemicals in Canada. This technical report provides the results of the biomonitoring component from the second cycle of the Canadian Health Measures Survey (CHMS) – the first of which was released in August […]
- Minister of Health Announces Upcoming Actions to Support the Health and Safety of Canadian Families
The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, hosted a meeting in Ottawa today with concerned parents and community members to outline action that will be taken by the Harper Government in the coming months to help support the health and safety of Canadian families.
- Health Canada Host Round Table Discussion on Plasma Donations
Partners in Canada’s blood system met with key stakeholders today in Toronto to discuss the issue of paid plasma donations and the potential impact on Canada’s blood system.
- Harper Government Continues to Engage with Traditional Chinese Medicine Community in Canada
Today, Parliamentary Secretary of Health, Dr. Colin Carrie attended the second meeting of the Advisory Council on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), on behalf of the Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health.