- About Us
- Professional Development
- The Corporate Edge
- BlackJag Lifestyle
- BlackJag’s Den
- Industry News
- Career Advice
- You can’t please everyone all of the time
Despite continuing strong market fundamentals for real estate, commercial real estate leaders’ are more pessimistic about the future than they have been since 2009 due to rising concerns about the state of Canada’s economy, according to the…
- ICWEF awards open for entries
Entries are being invited for the inaugural International Construction World Economic Forum (ICWEF) awards, which will recognize world-class achievements in the global construction industry.
- Obama Administration proposes pension exemption from FIRPTA to encourage investment in U.S. infrastructure
On March 29, the Obama Administration issued a press release outlining its plan to encourage private investment in infrastructure. As part of its 2014 Budget, foreign pension plans would be exempted from U.S. tax on gain from the disposition of…
- PCA and CLAC support proposed legislation to end construction labour monopolies
The Progressive Contractors Association of Canada (PCA) and the Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC) officially support the introduction of Private Members Legislation to stop closed tendering of construction projects in municipalities…
- HCF launches new Cornerstone Awards for Building Heritage
Heritage Canada Foundation (HCF) has announced the launch of the Cornerstone Awards for Building Heritage to recognize excellence in the regeneration of heritage buildings and sites in Canada.
- OP-ED: Kudos to Ontario communities for tackling construction and demolition waste
I recently read about some interesting and noteworthy accomplishments that deserve recognition in the construction and demolition (C&D) sector, which is part of the larger Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (IC&I) sector. I should…
- Canadian housing market calm, cool and collected: BMO Economics
According to BMO Chief Economist Doug Porter, the latest data from the Canadian Real Estate Association shows that evidence continues to mount that the Canadian housing market will be able to pull off the fabled soft landing.
- Minto selected for Net-Zero Energy Housing project
Minto has been selected as one of five building partners in Natural Resources Canada’s (NRCan) ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative (ecoEII), led by Owens Corning Canada and reported on earlier this month.
- A ‘Living Green Infrastructure Declaration’ initiative aims to support healthier, more sustainable communities
An online Living Green Infrastructure Declaration has been created to encourage government and the private sector to plan and build greener, healthier, more beautiful communities. Living green infrastructure advocates, including Green Roofs for…
- Harbour Equity Capital raises joint venture real estate fund
Harbour Equity Capital Corp., a private equity company formed by Alan Winer, Paul Schachter and Ari Silverberg to provide equity capital to real estate developers, has announced the successful launch and first close of the $35-million Harbour…